Speech and Language therapist
We have a speech and language therapist who visits our Stay and Play session on the 3rd Thursday of every month from 9.30-11.00am
Our speech and language therapy provides treatment, support and care for parents with children who have speech, language, communication and feeding difficulties.
What is Speech and Language Therapy?
Speech and Language Therapy aims to:
- Prevent speech, language and communication difficulties from arising
- Empower parents and other practitioners to know how best to help their child’s communication develop
- Support children with speech, language or communication needs to enable them to reach their full potential.
What do Speech and Language Therapists do?
Speech and Language Therapists work with children and families in many different ways, including:
- Assess skills
- Give advice and suggest strategies
- Work with children both individually and in groups
- Train parents and professionals
- Work in lots of different places-schools, nurseries, children’s centres, clinics, children’s homes
- Work together with practitioners in schools, nurseries and children’s centres